Wednesday, May 14, 2014

House Hunting

   House hunting can be rough. We have made offers on several places and we just haven't gotten any bites. Every time we come close the inspection kills the deal for us. We are just now in the process of losing a little 2 acre place. Yes I am positive we will lose it. I'm sure God has the perfect place for us and we just have to be patient. The house was only around 1900 sq ft anyway which is a little tight for a family of 7. We are now re-considering an adorable place that basically has everything we need. All we need to do is to check on the irrigating situation. Since we'd like to have sheep, we need to be able to irrigate the field for them. 

Anyway, to cheer myself up I'd like to post the things I/we want in a home.

Acreage


Something with a fenced in field, well established grass, and irrigation. And lots of old trees would be a plus.

A Barn


It doesn't need to be anything special or amazing. Just a warm place for sheep, pigs, or rabbits in the winter. Possibly for a milk cow or goat also. Maybe a good place for hay and tools but it would be easy to build a small shed for that. 

A Place For A Band



An unfinished basement or a good sized garage would be great. But my man would prefer to have space for the band stuff.

No Carpet in the Dining Area!!!


I don't know who thought carpet in the dining area was a good idea but it's not. Kids destroy it!!! I would love to see some darker hardwood floors but I'll even take crappy linoleum. Just as long as I'm not scrubbing carpets my whole life. Most of the homes we see have carpeted dining areas. So silly.

Rounded Doorways



I just love the look of rounded doorways rather then the boring old square. It just looks nicer.

Attic Rooms



Don't ask me why I just think they are adorable. I love the shape a the cuteness is just something I want to decorate and blah!

Old/Fireplace/Woodstove


It would be cool to get an older home and try to preserve that vintage feel. Also a fireplace or woodstove is a real plus. I love the warmth on a cold winter day and it cuts down on the heating bill.

Wallpaper


I'm a sucker for old Victorian wallpaper. In the beginning of our search we saw a home with old wallpaper like this but the detailing was kind of a 3D gold shimmer. It was 6000 sq ft and had a lovely sun room that led to a beautiful garden and pool. With a mother in law quarter out back and an acre of fenced field. Come to find out though we were approved for the amount of the home we could in no way afford it. Saddest day ever. I still think of it.

Cute Kitchen


I love the look of vintage appliances and dark woods.

Tub



I like me a free-standing tub. Modern or vintage style, either will do.Yes sir. 

  So that about sums up my unrealistic expectations of a home. But in all honesty the only MUSTS are having an acre or more and at least 4 bedrooms with a home larger then 1500 sq ft. Plus it has to be in our price range. I think our Realtor hates us for being so budget strict but we want to have money left over to live our dream after we buy our dream house. Not just sit in it and wish we weren't broke. 



No comments:

Post a Comment