Sunday, May 25, 2014

Prenatal Workout/Workout for During Pregnancy

I usually post this in my Pregnancy/Diastasis recti Support Group on facebook but since I'm taking a break from Facebook I'm just going to post it here. 
So I wanted to do combination workout today because I feel like I've been taking it pretty easy on workouts lately. I'm starting this combo with getting my heart rate up. It was hard for me to think of something to do without getting all bouncy. I just get uncomfortable with that when I've got a baby bump. I decided on dance. So I hooked up my Just Dance 3  in the Wii and did one round of Just Sweat. To me a round is that I do the dances until I earn a "gift". Then I'm done. It was Really Fun. Anyway here is the workout I came up with for the day.
Step 1: Cardio. Get Your Heart Rate Up

Do at least 10 minutes of dance. I wouldn't go beyond 45 minutes because word on the street is that that's not good when you are pregnant.


Some options....


Just Dance(What I chose) or another dance game you can use on your gaming console.


You tube.


This video is low key but lasts a bit longer. Only follow along as long as you are comfortable.


This video is specifically for cardio when you are pregnant. It seems a little more intense and a little more serious. It's also more structures then dance. It is quite short though.


And here is zumba if that's your thing. Very low key. I would try to march instead of jump but that's just me.


Step 2: Weight Training


I've done the babycenter weight training. I had to do 3 sets of between 15-50 reps of each exercise to feel like it did any good. But don't make the mistake of to many squats. They are deceptive. I could hardly walk the next day.


Step 3: Core Training


I found this great webpage with so many options for this. I tried them all out but I wouldn't recommend that. I had a couple contractions letting me know I'd overdone it. Next time I'll take it easy. I just was excited! :P


AND that's really it. You can switch it up. Change the order or try different websites. Just double check with your doc and make sure they are ok with you starting new routines. Have fun and feel stronger for when this baby busts out!



No comments:

Post a Comment